I returned LG SJ8500 and now i am crying for my UF7787 baby

Unit Igor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my first post.
Of course i need help. i am totally confused.
I bought my first 4k LG 55UF7787 in 2015. I bought it because i saw how good IPS screen can be on my Samsung notebook (NP900x3c)
I never messed with settings of that tv because i was pleased with picture from day one.
Two weeks ago i broke screen. What a disasters, and disaster was even bigger because i didn't even planed to buy new TV for long time, so i was sad.
I had this feeling if i buy new tv i wouldn't get any better picture, so i looked for same tv, but i wasn't that lucky, they don't sell it any more.
So i took LG 55SJ8500(850V in my country) immediately after night came i saw backlight bleeding light from all four corners. Bottom right corner was the biggest bleeding.
Ok i could bear with that.
But i couldn't get crispy and sharp image what ever i do.
I put broken and new tv side by side and what ever setting i make i had better picture on my broken UF7787.
When i say better picture i mean i can see all pores and wrinkles on Gandalfs face in The Hobbit-The Desolation Of Smaug on my 2105 TV while my new TV cant show that what ever i do.
I returned LG SJ8500 and took Sony X900E but no luck. Same thing. No backlight bleeding by the way.
I start to think that i was lucky with my first panel and that i will never had so much luck again.
Did i get perfect TV? Did i broke perfect TV. Or am i missing something.

In my experience lgsjxxxx TVs are awful,bad uniformity with the issues you mention and more,that's to do with the IPS screen technology,better off with a Sony.

Hi
I manage to set up colors same us my old LG, which apparently suits me.
But viewing angles are bad.
I looked viewing angles in store and they didn't look to me that bad, they had "Passenger" movie" played on tv . Which now when i think is basically gray movie(those parts that been playing) so they trick me there. Also TV is 1cm smaller which is noticeable. Shame on you Sony.
Remote controller of Sony is what killing me. Shallow buttons and so on.
I know about LG IPS uniformity, but it seems my UF7787 was 1 in a 100 and it had really good uniformity.
Anyway this is definitely my last VA panel considering for TV. Angles for me are to me much important then blacks.
I have ASUS VA panel for PC and i am really satisfied for money i paid for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom