I recieved my projector today! But ive had some problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nsl2178, Dec 14, 2002.

1. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got it out of the box plugged it up and everything seemed to be working great. Then after a half an hour i turned everything off and left the blue screen on and went and ate nachos for 20 mins and then came back started it up again and there are a bunch of purple and green vertical lines!! Does this mean the lamp is dead or is the whole thing shot! Im so mad. I keep trying every half an hour to see if the picture is back to normal but no luck. any advice im really freaking. The brand i have is a panasonic l592u. thanks.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What is your source....... i had very similar problem when running a strnge resolution though my pc.....

ad

3. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was running video games and dvds through my playstation 2

4. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i talked to the guy, he said that maybe one of the boards came loose during shipping. He also said if i shut off the projector without letting the fan cool down then that might have cracked the lcd panel, i was turning it off and on a lot to try to get a good picture maybe this could of done it? suggestions!?

5. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    :eek: :eek: Never turn off by the Power switch, always use the stand bye button, this allows the fan to continue to run to cool the Lamp and Panels down.
    Read the Manual!
    Don't tell the dealer you didn't use the Stand bye button.

6. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it didnt come with a manual and i downloaded it after the ordeal. I woke up this morning and the pictures even worse.

7. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the seller said it might be the board connectors got loose during shipping?

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very unlikely but fingers crossed this is all that has happened.

As Tim has said, ALWAYS follow the manufacturers instructions for shutting down correctly - reduced lamp life is a consequence of improper use for a start :eek:

9. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only did it once or twice and the rest of the time i let it cool down properly. But before i even turned it off and had my playstation on pause the green lines showed up.