I Really Need Help Video Editing!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by CaliforniaBoy5, Apr 14, 2004.

1. CaliforniaBoy5

CaliforniaBoy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this is my new time posting and am I glad I found this forum!
    Here is my problem:
    I just bought a new digital camcorder, it is a Panasonic (PVGS12) and i got it because it can take digital still pictures aswell. So far thats all i have been able to do with it. I do not know how to get my video into my computer! I have the USB cable for pictures and the SD disk but for the video i cannot get. It has 2 inputs, one for USB and another for Mini DV. For the Mini DV i have only found Firewire. The problem is, my computer doesnt seem to have a Firewire port. What am I to do? is there a special cable or a external port i can buy?

Thank you for you help!

2. Antoeknee

Antoeknee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you don't say where you are, but firewire cards are relatively cheap (can be bought for teens of pounds).

I recently added firewire card to my machine, this was part of a bundle from Amazon

included card, cable, and Pinnacle Studio 9 for £50.

Installation is a breeze and the software is very easy to use

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. CaliforniaBoy5

CaliforniaBoy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes! In the USA< more specifically, California, more specifically, Southern Cali (where its never cold) and Orange County more specifically,! Yeah, so USA, Southern California, Orange County. Thanks!

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0