I Really Need A New Receiver. Please Advise.

Fiskefilet

Novice Member
Hello. Last fall my old Sony receiver had been turning on and off by itself for a while and I was getting worried about something being wrong with the power supply so I ended up discarding it when moving. I figured with the new HDMI 2.1 receivers getting a new futureproof one would be no issue....

Well here I am a year later. Haven't had a receiver for all this time. I miss the speakers and the sourround they deliver. I am very close to just getting one but optimally it should have at least 2 hdmi 2.1 40gbps input ports and 2 hdmi out and not break the bank.

Is this possible ? I really just want a receiver at this point and the whole hdmi 2.1 issue has been a nightmare.

I looked at the upcoming Yamaha a4a but it's just too expensive. The onkyo and pioneer receivers seem to have no solid date for when they launch here (Denmark) and Denon either have 1 hdmi 2.1 input, or for the 2021 models, a single output.

I have a 5.0 system but am hoping to upgrade to a 5.1.2

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.

Last edited:

RobinDB

Do you really need the 2.1 ?

A lot of denon av amps have 2 HDMI outputs.

Still very pleased with the Denon 4400H I purchased a number of years ago.
5.1.4 setup.

Fiskefilet

Novice Member
Do you really need the 2.1 ?

A lot of denon av amps have 2 HDMI outputs.

Still very pleased with the Denon 4400H I purchased a number of years ago.
5.1.4 setup.
Yes. I want to have a system that I can still use in a number of years and I care a lot about the visual quality and gaming. The later which hdmi 2.1 especially has a lot of great features for.
That's also why I haven't gotten one for all this time.
The x2700h looks fine from Denon, but it has only 1 2.1 input. The x1700h would be great too because it has 3 40gbps inputs but it only has 1 output and I'd really like two.

vampyren

There is another thread here which mentions the current models with 2.1 have a faulty chip. Not sure but maybe they fixed it now...but i would double check. I'm also after one myself. I must have atleast 3xhdmi 2.1 input (ps5/seriesX and PC) with 40gbps+
So far i think -Yamaha RX-A8A /RX-A6A/RX-A4A has HDMI2.1 but if they work as intended i'm still not sure about.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom