1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really am stupid :0)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lee31, Dec 14, 2004.

1. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just bought a 46" TOSH HD TV along with a Panasonic HDMI DVD player & I now need som HD DVD's

The DVD player will read DVD-V & DVD-RAM, where do I find HD DVD's & whats WMV mean ?

Told you I was stupid, I need enlightening

Thanks

Lee

2. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    there's threads about WMV HDs on here already with links to suppliers.

WMV is Windows Media Video from memory, and requires a ton of processing power to decode the high def stuff, but looks pretty damn nifty. your dvd player won't play WMV HD or HD DVDs tho, i'm fairly sure of that. your pc might if its fast enough. the term HD DVDs is pretty ambiguous mind.. there's no set standard yet, that fight is between DVDHD and Blu Ray. your player won't play those yet either. but on the bright side.. nor will anyone elses :)

in all honesty, a HDMI link between dvd player and tv is... not really going to do much you can't do with analog cables. however, its great for "future proofing" and your tv should be able to accept sky's offering when its available in 2006. thats a head and shoulders above 99% of us, even those of us with HD compatable tvs!

for more info click here
    for samples click here

3. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are also some good HD Divx samples around too. These seem to run better on lower powered machines.

4. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads, appreciated