I poked my speaker :(

Seb Spiers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Whilst dusting like a complete donkey i poked the center bit with my finger and its now been poked inwards.
:oops:
Are there any tips for getting this out again?

Thanks

Hi Seb Spiers - welcome to AVForums :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about you're misfortune :( the only way i can think of is to use a small bit of sellotape and gently pull it outwards with that.

right ive got a super top tip for eveyone :D

roll some bluetac and heat it with a lighter until it starts to bubble. then stick it in the centre of the poked in bit, then leave it 5 minutes to cool. then pull gently and out it popped :D

woooohooo my speakers as it used to be

Was it the tweeter you poked in,or middle part of the woofer?
Also what was the pushed in bit made from?
Just so I know for the future,as I'll have loads of nieces and nephews running around my house in the summer holidays:lease:

puller.jpg

chew some chewing gum til there's no flavour left. make it into a lollipop shape. press the fat end into the hole and leave til its hard then gently pull it out. pick off the remnants.

assuming it sticks to the speaker centre of course!

My nephew pushed both tweeters in on my old speakers,luckily these where soft dome so they just popped back out using the hoover to gently tease them back out.
I would be very careful witch ever method you use ,you could cause more damage.
If its a metal dome tweeter you've pushed in i doubt it will ever be the same again.

Yeah I had a friend round who accidently poked on of my metal dome tweeters in. I used so doublesides sticky tape to get it back out but there is a slight line in the tweeter where it was poked and popped back out. Like when you make a dent in a cocke can and pop it back out. I now have my grills back on.... :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom