1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-pod mini - have I wasted my money?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by FIZZBIN2003, Apr 5, 2005.

1. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just returned from a trip to New York and picked up a 6GB ipod mini as I had heard so many good things about them.

I've just connected it to my SONY Vaio laptop - had to buy a separate USB 2.0 hub in order to connect up the ipod for charging and transfer of music and already I have fallen at the first hurdle.

I tried to install the i-tunes software and everything seemed to be going OK (I filled in serial number and my personal details) until I got the following message:

Error 1905.module C:/Programme Files/ipod/ipod updater/2005-02-07/ipod updaterExt.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147220472. Contact your suppport personnel.

My operating system is WINDOWS ME - shouldn't that be OK?

Do I really have to purchase a completely new laptop in order to get the ipod itunes software to work?

What an absolute nightmare - $249 down the drain.

:( :( :( :(

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    I think iTunes only works on Windows XP or Windows 2000, but you should be able to use Windows media player and synch it with the iPod as far as I know.

3. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks - I think I solved the problem (at least for now) by installing the itunes software on my mum's PC.

:thumbsup:

Managed to transfer three albums so far and they sound great. I don't think it's the easiest gadget I've ever used though - and I am using the Rough Guide to Ipods book to help me.