1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-pod mini battery

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by The Jayler, Aug 2, 2005.

1. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Bought an i-pod mini 6gb today. After using a sandisk player for the last few months, i must say WHAT a difference i-tunes makes. Superb bit of software that makes using my i-pod a doddle. :D
    In the manual though it said to charge the battery for just 1 hour befor use. I am in to my photography and have had quite a lot of experience with rechargable batteries. They really do need an extra long charge to start off with or their life span is seriously shortened. So i left my i-pod charging and 6 hours later it is still charging. My advice to any one buying an i-pod mini is to leave the thing plugged in for a good 6+ hours to start with. Hopefully it should last a bit longer between charges.

2. realm_of_insani

realm_of_insani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, batteries have a memory when first used!! Beware!

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Lithium Ion batteries have no memory effect - that was NiCd's forté. Even NiMH are memoryless.
    The Apple manual is refering to leaving the iPod untouched for the first hour of it's first charge, that's all.
    It takes the best part of 5-6 hours to charge the battery fully the first time round.
    It's aslo advisable to keep the battery topped up as often as possible rather than waiting 'til the low warning is displayed. This deep cycling of LI batteries is what shortens their lifespan, which is 18 months at best, under optimal conditions.