i-pod link cable for Blaupunkt DAB53, questions

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Richard5, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Richard5

Richard5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Purchased an i-pod link cable from BlueSpot yesterday (http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/ipod_cable.asp) arrived today (with no instructions) but fitted it OK to my Blaupunkt DAB53 (http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/woodstock_dab53.asp) which I also purchased from BlueSpot about a year ago

When you select “Changer” on the head unit the i-pod comes on and the word “Blaupunkt” and their logo lights up in the i-pods display.

The DAB53 then does a “magazine scan” as it assumes you have a CD changer attached, and then the i-pod starts playing from CD1 Track 1 without a problem.

The question’s I have are

1. I cannot control the i-pod at all whilst it is connected to the head unit; it seems to be locked, is this normal?
    2. The head unit only lets you access CD’s 1 to 10 (from investigation these correspond to the first 10 directories in the i-pod). I have over 200 directories on my i-pod, but cannot access them as the head unit is insistent that there can only be 10 CD’s in the changer. Is this normal, and if so how can I work round it so that I can play the majority of the tracks stored in my i-pod, not just the firs ten directories.
    3. From the website “Radios with compatible CD text feature will display i-Pod track information (ID-3 tags must be version 1)” Does my DAB53 have the compatible CD text feature? If so does this mean it should display directory information (as it does if I put an MP3 cd in to play) or does it just show song information? At present all the head unit shows is
    “D01 T01 00:00” which is Disc 1 Track 1 and the time (this does change depending on what disc/track I’m playing).

Hope I’ve explained myself clearly, many thanks for any help or advice anyone can give on the above

Rgrds

Richard

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hmmm... well

1. yes.. all of the various links cables seem to do this like alpine/pioneer
    2/3 sounds like limitations of the interface.. Maybe playlists would help ?

Why not give blaupunkt a call they have a tech support line...01895 83 8880

Cheers

Matt

3. Richard5

Richard5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This isn't really a major problem, but good to know they all do it

Managed to get track names displayed by converting tags to V1

How would I get the HU to recognise playlists? It just goes through the directories in order, when it reaches 10 it goes back to 1?

4. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Not sure.. never had a ipod to really say.. Can you not just create 10 huge playlists on itunes and send them to the pod.. would that not just hold the music within them or would it still keep your directory layout ?

Are V1 tags the norm? I cannot remeber what my 30gb of music is encoded with :)

Matt