Question I own a Sony BDV-N9200W and I can't seem to make the middle speaker work at all. Is it worth keeping?

Skyington

Novice Member
Reaction score
This setup: https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/home-theater-blu-ray-home-theater-systems/bdv-n9200w

Logging into the GUI, selecting to turn on the middle speaker, and running the auto calibration or general speaker test - nothing comes through the middle speaker.

When I put the Front Left cables into the middle speaker the speaker does indeed work. Just not when it's connected to the centre speaker jack.

Sooo... I'm guessing it's something wrong with box/amp thingy?

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping and and just having the front right and left work as stereo (keeping the back right and left) connected. As you can turn the centre speaker off and have them do that.

Or could it be fixable and maybe a soldering job?

This setup: https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/home-theater-blu-ray-home-theater-systems/bdv-n9200w

Logging into the GUI, selecting to turn on the middle speaker, and running the auto calibration or general speaker test - nothing comes through the middle speaker.

When I put the Front Left cables into the middle speaker the speaker does indeed work. Just not when it's connected to the centre speaker jack.

Sooo... I'm guessing it's something wrong with box/amp thingy?

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping and and just having the front right and left work as stereo (keeping the back right and left) connected. As you can turn the centre speaker off and have them do that.

Or could it be fixable and maybe a soldering job?
Did it work before? Or did you get it with this problem?

Brian

I see where you are coming from but you should check the speaker cable to the centre speaker for a bad connection at either end. If still no joy try a different speaker cable that works just in case the current cable is broken.

On My 7200 (same unit?)centre speaker works the unit gives a test signal but nothing out of centre speaker did you find a remedy please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom