I never saw any of Big Brother this year!

mickrick

Banned
For the first time, I missed the entire series of Big Brother. Not one second of the crap was on my telly. Excellent! :clap:

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
mickrick said:
For the first time, I missed the entire series of Big Brother. Not one second of the crap was on my telly. Excellent! :clap:
My wife is just watching the live final via Sky+ :mad:

Sky+ has changed my life in so many ways for the positive - I suppose every silver lining has a cloud .........

smelly

As much as it pains me to say it Big Brother (and daytime TV) has been a bit of a godsend to me as I'm not working at the moment. Its the first year I've watched the daily update EVERY DAY! :eek: Although I drew the line at BB Live - too many birds tweating......

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
And as all that rubbish ended, the blinkin X FACTOR starts!!!

Oh my god, here we go again ..... still it's only on 'til Xmas ....:eek:

staffiebull

i thought i'd got away with it, but my mrs had the final on. i didn't watch it, and happy that i don't know any names of them.
stuck with x factor and maria now:thumbsdow

Steve.EX

Novice Member
mickrick said:
Not a single frame did i watch (as per norm)
Life is too short

Miyazaki

Big brother finished, premiership started in the same weekend. Cloud 9 :D

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Games Guru said:
Big brother finished, premiership started in the same weekend. Cloud 9 :D
You forgot to mention X Factor!

mickrick

Banned
Abbeygoo said:
And as all that rubbish ended, the blinkin X FACTOR starts!!!

Oh my god, here we go again ..... still it's only on 'til Xmas ....:eek:
Do all those simpletons really think they're good, or are they put up to it (or paid to go on it)? I mean, they really are simpletons.

joffy1780

Novice Member
Steve.EX said:
Not a single frame did i watch (as per norm)
Life is too short
:clap: :clap: Absobloodylutely.

stealther

I have a life of my own therefore I couldnt possibly have time to watch a bunch of imature chavs act up on camera in order to generate telephone revenue for channel 4. As for xfactor well shows like this are just ruining music!

Not aimed at anybody in particular but GET A LIFE! stop watching this pointless drivel lets get the ratings down get it off the air and get the TV companies making real televison programs again.

Sandy13

I only watched it because I know Imogen's father very well, and have met her on a few occasions, but not recently. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:smashin:

Garrett

Never watch tripe like this ever I'm glad to say. And from what I gather if populated buy obnoxious people.

nicky_j

Standard Member
My mum literally tried to kick me out of my house after I briefly criticised big brother. Ive managed to avoid most of it, but since its on in our house every single night Ive caught bits of it. One night there was just aload of annoying, loud, arrogant people ("I'm soooo attractive...") belching into a microphone for 20 minutes. If thats meant to be quality viewing then theres summat wrong with this country!

Joe90sDad

Banned
I saw the X-Factor but had to keep switching channel as it became unbearable.

I'm surprised mental health groups like MIND don't complain about it.

They're just taking advantage of people with serious mental issues to make Simon Cowell's bank balance even higher.

Pat_C

stealther said:
stop watching this pointless drivel lets get the ratings down get it off the air and get the TV companies making real televison programs again.
But "real television programs" like what though? And the revenue to make good quality dramas, documentaries etc. comes partly from high advertising and voting revenues from programs like Big Brother.

When you have so many commercial channels it is inevitable that quality will be sacrificed to popularity. And as advertising revenue is finite, that probably dictates a need for the dirt-cheap-to-produce reality TV stuff.

Pat_C

Joe90sDad said:
They're just taking advantage of people with serious mental issues to make Simon Cowell's bank balance even higher.
Some of them may have mental health issues (hard to tell) but I suspect for the majority of people it's simply a complete lack of self-awareness, combined with the belief that anyone can become famous these days. Oh, and well-meaning parents who keep telling them they are good singers when they clearly aren't.

It is still exploitation though.

I did see a bit of it on Saturday - someone who was trying (and failing miserably) to sound like Michael Jackson shortly before throwing himself backwards into a wall (for some reason). I think the attraction is similar to looking at a pile-up on the motorway.

rio1981

I'm a lucky boy, my Mrs can't stand Big Brother or any of the reality shows :clap:

And much like you say Pat, it really is car crash television for some - they don't want to watch but just can't tear their eyes away. I think it burns into the retinas or something...

PoochJD

Hi,

I think I'd rather gouge out my own eyeballs, and hack-off my own Testes, before (willfully) watching any reality TV shows! Butt Munch is just the biggest pile of steaming poop, that all the others try to aspire too.

However, as Gerald Ratner probably once said: "S*it is still s*it, irrespective of how you dress it up as! :rotfl:

Pooch

Pat_C

PoochJD said:
Hi,

I think I'd rather gouge out my own eyeballs, and hack-off my own Testes, before (willfully) watching any reality TV shows!
I'll be round with a gouge and hacksaw just before next week's X Factor to test this claim out :devil: