1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I needa PC and TV total budget about £1600, ideas please?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ElizaMay, Jan 27, 2004.

1. ElizaMay

ElizaMay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reading some of the entries on this forum Iwonder if I would be best getting a PC and a separate TV or a Home Entertainment System centred around the PC. We don't often need PC and main TV at the same time. However our living room is fairly large so a little 15 or even 17 in screen would look a bit lost without using binoculars.

All advice and suggestions much appreciated.

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've gone for the second route and am going to build a PC and use a jvc HV28-P37, you can get the 32'' version for about £800 and if you can build a PC (Not to diffucult when you know how) £700 can buy you a decent PC, I'll hopefully be getting:

Athlon XP 2500+
    Sapphire radeon 9600xt
    2 X 256mb of pc3200 ram
    80Gb hard-drive with 8mb cache
    videologic 5.1 speakers (although you'll probably have a seperate system)
    Asus A7N8X-E motherboard
    A decent case (hopefully watercooled)
    and all the other essentials

Without watercooling the PC, I got the total under £1300 at Ebuyer (including the TV, not at Ebuyer though :D) and with a 32'' screen it should be under £1500, and you can have a nice 32'' monitor :smoke: (using a ATI DVI-component cable), note the PC takes a high-def signal and you can use the PC at 1920x1080p.

You will however need access to the monitor to set the PC up (Mobo,etc, or so i've been told)

Rich