1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need your help please!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Richard Harnwell, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can't suggest one, but if you find a dealer you like who doesn't give I.F.C. you could always get one of the internet bank credit cards that have opening offers of 0% APR.

I bought my 10HT on a Cahoot card (interest free for about 11 months). I believe egg do the same, and I'm sure there are others. Worth a look!

This probably would be tricky if you wanted longer than a year though....

Richard

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Have you been into Soundcraft Hifi in the town centre, if I remember correctly I think they said that they also do projectors and I think they do credit as well(not sure if it is 0% though).

If you don't know where it is, head down toward Blockbusters and go past McDonalds and you will find it on your left about half way down.

Don't know if that helps.

James.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about getting a screen for under £15!!!
    Go to your local B&Q and buy a tub of Dulux matt white and paint screen area with it!
    Or you could go the same route as fulabeer and go for various shades of grey.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    I currently use a "Dulux" style screen while I sort out final positioning of equipment and screen size in my living room.

It is a good cheap option but you should be aware that you are likely to see vertical bars in the image on certain scenes. It's hard to explain but on dimly lit scenes they become visible. I'm pretty sure it has to do with pigments in the paint as Fulabeer has a similar thing happening with his grey screen I believe.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !

5. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a house with a decent sized living room (19'3" x 12'2") in Ashford, Kent.

After much grovelling & footrubs I have finally talked my wife into a projector & screen. [​IMG]

I have scoured the forums for a while now & have decided on the Sanyo PLV30 as it seems to be very popular and good value for money.I am also interested in a screen as well however I am still in the dark (LOL) when it comes to screens n stuff.All I am looking for is a screen of decent size & quality, not motorised cos I cant afford it.

Can anyone suggest a reputable supplier who does 0% finance? I am keen to avoid suppliers who gives a cheap price but never answers their phone or e mail, what I do want is a supplier who will be there when I have questions to ask as I hope to set it up myself, being on a budget.

Many thanks in advance for your replies, Regards

Rory.

------------------
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.....it's the only way to be sure.

6. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this link for some decent screens at cheep price's http://www.direkt2u.co.uk/

7. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my 7 foot electric screen from Robert Whytte of Glasgow, cost about £400 2 years ago. Delivered on time, & had no problems with it at all. (touching wood) [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com