1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need your advice - Moving home with current Sky System or New connection!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by AKM, Nov 25, 2004.

1. AKM

AKM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Just called sky to ask about the moving home package and they asked for £40 to re-install SKY at my new address by giving me a new dish but i have to use my old box.

If i just cancel my contract and take a new one in the misses name then I'll get everything new for free! My digibox is playing up anyway.

IS this possible....the guys at SKY say it's one free set of hardware per surname and household but how will they know i've moved if i cancel now?

Cheers

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I know people who've done just that....

3. mikeeastgate

mikeeastgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    When you move, you might consider an alternate bank account too.

Also make use of the old digibox?
    If you can pursuade the installer to put in a dual or quad LNB and cable to another position for the old box.

Then you can :-
    use your old cancelled card for free to air channels
    but a 'free' card for £20 from www.freesatfromsky.com to get free to air plus itv/ch4/ch5
    or use your new main card in both digiboxes (a few channels won't work!)

ME

4. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also if you have already gave them your new address and then do resubscibe under the wifes name they will then charge £269 for the equipment and £120 for installation and they do have ways of checking this out so you have to be care full maybe even getting you wife to use her maiden name and if any questions are asked state that you's have split up then its different rules as only one per family unit and if says this no longer part of same family no questions asked :)

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    take your old digibox and dish for spares too.

6. AKM

AKM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks for all the replies. I took the plunge and asked them to disconnect. I didn't give them my new address (moving on 17/12/04) but told the guys at the disconections department that i am moving to NTL :laugh: He tried so hard to keep me but i said nothing doing the only thing that would keep me is a free upgrade to SKY+ :D

Obviously that was a no no but they did offer me it for £99 but i can get that when i move on the wifes name anyway.

If we apply at the new address with the misses name i suppose they can't find out, if we use her credit card for the monthly payments? And how long will it take for an engineer to come to install? If we apply on the 18th will we have it by Christmas!?

Cheers]