I need to terminate a number of RG6 cables with "F" connectors.

snaithg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I need to terminate a number of RG6 cables (probably around 40 to 50 ends) with "F" Plugs. I've not done this before (other than a couple of "Screw On" connectors for a Sky Box a few years back).

Should I go for Crimp types or Screw On connectors?

If I go for Crimp connectors, which crimp tool and connectors should I go for? I would prefer to purchase them from Amazon if possible.

Thanks,
Graham.

I need to terminate a number of RG6 cables (probably around 40 to 50 ends) with "F" Plugs. I've not done this before (other than a couple of "Screw On" connectors for a Sky Box a few years back).

If I go for Crimp connectors, which crimp tool and connectors should I go for? I would prefer to purchase them from Amazon if possible.

Thanks,
Graham.

I use both and have still got the screw type of my dish I installed in 2002 so for me I would have no issues using screw type.

The crimp tool I use now is a cheap one from Amazon and does the job.

Katomi RG6 RG59 Connector Waterproof Connectors Crimping Tool ¡: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Can be had cheaper outside of prime.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
ps

I always use self amalgamating tape on the external 'f' connectors.

Thanks,
Graham.

Definitely crimp on, if you're paranoid you can add some solder where suitable.

The crimp tool above looks functional, should be OK. And yes, definitely use some self amalgamating tape to make them waterproof(ish).

Definitely crimp on, if you're paranoid you can add some solder where suitable.

The crimp tool above looks functional, should be OK. And yes, definitely use some self amalgamating tape to make them waterproof(ish).

Thanks guys, I've decided to go "Crimp". As well as the one used by aVdub, above, I see that there are a range of crimpers at differing prices, and presumably quality. Are there any specific "Features" that I should be looking out for?

Any good YouTube videos, re crimping, that would be useful for me?

Thanks,
Graham.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom