• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I need to choose between LG42PC1D or Panasonic TH42PE50WAL ???

deltuna

Standard Member
Please help.. After quite a bit of research on here i have decided to go for one of the following options.
LG4C1D with the LG LH-W751TA1 Home Cinema wireless, 6 speaker, Dolby Prologic II, USB host OR the Panasonic TH42PE50WAL with Panasonic scht 990
Both combinations work-out roughly the same price.
i will initally just be using the freeview, watching dvd's and playing x box 360.
Are there any additional wires/componeants i need to get to makethese considerably better or will thwey be ok as standard..
anyone with any experience of these then please advice.

stainway

If you are after HD ready Plasma then the LG PC1D will be the choice as the
Panasonic TH42PE50WAL is not HD ready.

In case you are getting the LG set you should also consider HD VGA cable for Xbox360-it offers stunning results on LG 42PC1D and will keep free the component inputs which you would like to use for DVD playback.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
stainway said:
If you are after HD ready Plasma then the LG PC1D will be the choice as the
Panasonic TH42PE50WAL is not HD ready
also its been discontinued for for nearly 6 months so it needs to be well under a grand or go for the PX60 which replaced it.

But as your buying a sound system why waste money on a screen with inferior speaker??? and are you wall mounting the screen?

deltuna

Standard Member
yes i intend to wall mount my screen. do you still recommend this or what alternative for 1500 including home cinema system..
thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom