Question I need to buy a tv in 24 hours, HELP!

Blackstar2081

Novice Member
Ok....
My girlfriend's tv broke down, and I've been tasked with finding a replacement with a max budget of 400 euro.
I have to buy the tv TOMORROW.

These are my options, and I'd love for people to pitch on which one might be the best one to buy for the money. Buying online is not an option. These are what are available to collect in stores tomorrow. I need to have the tv tomorrow.
Usual usage really....a lot of netflix, sports, playstation...
Smart tv function really not needed, I have other devices for that.

These are my options

Panasonic Tx-40cx400b (4k 40 inch tv)

Sony Kdl40r453cbu (40 inch 1080p)

Samsung UE40J5100AKXXU

LG 42LF561V

Toshiba 40L1533DB

Sharp lc40cfe5221k

*note* the final three on the list are the cheapest, and interest me a lot.

Ossie77

Forget the CX400...Panasonic outsourced its production to another company. If you dont want smart features the J5100 would be a good choice. If you want smart and better connections and better PQ get either Samsung H6400 or H6200 but will cost £100 approx. more. If you want to impress her and go middle ground on cost get the Samsung 43" J5500 which is £349 approx. Has smart functions and nice design. The J5600 is same except it has a darker grey stand. Can't go wrong with Samsung!
BTW...did you choose your username out of respect for David Bowie? Cant sleep and just been listening to Next Day and bit of Blackstar. Great stuff.

Rob20

What happens if you don't have a tv in 24hrs?

Blackstar2081

Novice Member
Lol. Sounds like a job for Jack Bauer. Can imagine Blackstar dashing around John Lewis, wild eyed and pulling his hair out!
I'll explode.....its a very inconvenient affliction....seriously impacting upon my savings :p

Did a bit of shopping around and I was able to get the Sony cheaper than the Samsung, so I pulled the trigger on that, but to be honest, the Samsung did look really good.

Blackstar2081

Novice Member
Indeed it was....got it for about €400, which was about €50 cheaper than most of the shops out there.
Tesco do more than just food it seems....

Rob20

Lol. Sounds like a job for Jack Bauer. Can imagine Blackstar dashing around John Lewis, wild eyed and pulling his hair out!
Ha ha, I was thinking the same!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom