1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need the service menu on a Sony SLV-SE720G i think.

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ziggyzaggy, Mar 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ziggyzaggy

ziggyzaggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Our Sony SLV-SE720G has a problem where it appears to downgrade itself and a while ago i found a website that showed how to fix this. Unfortunately I can not remember what the website was and i have lost the page i saved of it.

The way it worked was you get to what i would call a service menu with a table of numbers and you had to choose the ones that were the correct combination for your VCR.

The other day it broke again (the sound and video are all fuzzy, the menus are in foreign and there are less options on the menus) and I could not get to the computer to find the correct combination. So after messing round for a bit, I found out if you hold record on the unit and then hold the menu button whilst holding record it will bring up this menu. Then I stared messing around with the numbers and got the picture working. I then found if you choose number 65 (bottom left number) it makes your Sony VCR display "www.samsungvcr.com" every time it starts up (strange but true!). Then in an attempt to get the sound working I allowed all the numbers but it didn't work and it messed the picture up again. Unfortunately it also made it so that holding record on the unit then holding menu on the remote also doesn't work so i can't get the menu with the numbers on it.

What i would like to know is if there is another way to get that menu up, or if there is a way to get it to downgrade itself again which would enable me to get that menu up. And if anybody knows the correct combination of numbers to choose or if someone can point me in ther direction of the website. I remember there were only 2 pages on google with it on and one of them was password protected.

On the good side the vcr still records like normal and when playing back on another vcr it no longer filckers.

If anybody can help ,thank you sooo sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

[EDIT] Ok you may think im stupid.... Well your probably right. I must have not looked at the google results for searching for "SLV-SE720G" cos the second result down has the correct combination of numbers to choose :oops: (i searched for ages with loads of other stuff honestly). The method of getting the menu looks a bit different from the one i used unfortuantely i don't understand german so can anybody still help with ways of getting that menu with numbers or will i have to handle using googles pdf to html conversion passing it through babelfish. [/EDIT]

2. ziggyzaggy

ziggyzaggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After messing round and deciding it was worth the risk of sticking metal objects into something connected to the mains in order to avoid paying £60 on a new VCR I found a way to get to the menu I was talking about.

If you open the front cover panel a bit, i couldn't take it off completely (i am quite small) no screwdriver needed, there is a button on PCB to the left of the display it is labeled 'TEST'. This works like the record button did when getting up the menu except this works all the time when the record button doesn't always function the same. If you hold down this test button with a screwdriver (or your fingers, if you have small fingers and can reach it) and then hold down the menu button on the remote it will bring up the menu and you can choose the correct combination of numbers for the VCR and choose 65 if you want 'www.samsungvcr.com' to be displayed when you turn it on.

This was the original site that I found the combination of numbers on: http://www.e-repair.co.uk/tipsgeneral103.htm