1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tony kop77, Jul 26, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    My bedroom is about 10ft by 10ft or 9 ft by 9ft square room. I am thinking about getting a plasma later in the year but my brother thinks for a big tv you need a big room otherwise I will be squinting my eye.

What size do you reccoemnd I have 28 inch widescreen at the mo and I have Yamaha 396RDS Amp and Yamaha NP-210 speaker set what should I upgrade first?

I am thinking of getting the Denon 3802 or 3803 amp with Kef egg speakers or the flat misison speakers or maybe even the bose set that cost £600. I have sony nv 900 dvd player

2. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Why would you be squinting at a bigger screen?

Gary A

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Crazzy,

Well my room is about 3m x 3m too and I've had a 43" Plasma screen in there and it's great for films especially as the sound really fills the room also.

The only downside to a plasma screen is that a bad source really shows up...well it did on mine...and you could spend all day playing spot the artifact.

I've also had my HS10 pj installed in the same room firing at a 6ft screen fed by a pretty decent HCPC. With good DVD's such as Lord of the Rings it was fine at that size but older DVD's such as Robocop which I tried to watch the other day the picture was just too large and all the artifacts/noise in the film were too distracting.

All that said I plan on installing a 50" panny 6 six series as soon as they are available...plus I should be moving it to a larger room soon (5m x 3m).

Cheers, Lee