I need some advice from any sim owners....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by camlogan, Dec 5, 2002.

1. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, I have a sim2 DMF - which is a great projecter btw :)

However, I've got a prblem with it and I was hoping that any knowlegdable sim2 owners out there might be able to help me.

My projector is slightly off center hanging from the ceiling at the back of the room. This seems to cause my picture to appear slightly larger on one side at the top and slightly larger on the other sides at the bottom.

Can anyone think of how to fix this issue?

thanks for your time

CaM

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There really isn't any way to fix this apart from making the projector dead centre with the screen..could you move the screen slightly?

Some projectors allow the projection of a trapezoid image to correct for this, (eg. Sony sideshot) but this then uses less of the panel and can introduce picture artifacts. Best to get the projector equidistant to both of the screen edges.

Ian Guinan

3. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info - I guess next time I set things up I'll do it correctly :)

CaM

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You've put the bracket up centred with the screen, then found that the lens isn't in the centre of the projector - hence the problem.

The lens is about 7.5cm off-set from the centre line. You need to move the bracket (or screen) to compensate.

Regards