I need recommendations for an entirely new set-up

RichardDublin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi :thumbsup:

I need to buy an entirely new set-up. I need a bit of help, so thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I want to buy:

A damn good 50 inch FULL HD TV. I'm looking at the Pioneer 5090 without speakers for 2,300.00 Euros.

A Blu-Ray player (very high quality) that will upconvert SD DVDs very very well (as most of my collection is SD still). I want to be able to play all region Blu-Ray discs and DVDs. What can you recommend to go with the TV. Should I get a Pioneer? Is it necessary to go that dear? I'm not too sure of what the difference would be between Pioneer Blu-Ray Player worth 800 Euro and a Sony or Panasonic player for 200 Euro.

I want a home cinema system (speakers seperate to the actual player). I have no idea where to start here. Do I need 7 or 5 speakers and subwoofer as HD is 7.1 as well as 5.1. Are Bowers & Wilkins a good make?

An amplifier. Denon 1909? 549 Euro.
Yamaha 963 SE Amp. 689 Euro.

This is what I've been recommended. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Richard :suicide:

Hi :thumbsup:

I need to buy an entirely new set-up. I need a bit of help, so thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I want to buy:

A damn good 50 inch FULL HD TV. I'm looking at the Pioneer 5090 without speakers for 2,300.00 Euros.
:

Great plasma :thumbsup: Pioneer 9G thread here if you need any more details on the set.
Cheers.

Hi

I think I'm sold on the TV. It's the Blu-Ray player that plays all region DVDs and Blu-Rays that I'm after. I also want good wired speakers, perhaps a 'soundbar' and no surround speakers. And an amp.

I'm also wondering is the Pioneer 5090 the best Pioneer out there or is the Elite PRO 111FD newer and better?

Hi Richard

AVFormums is a terrific resourse. That said, given you appear to starting with greenfield setup (and budget does not appear to be a contraint ;)) you might want to go out an visit SevenOaks Home who are based in Rathfarnum in Dublin. You should ring for an appointment as their experts are often out doing installations.

They do Pioneer gear and all sorts of AV gear and can probably give you excellent advise as home-cinema is their business.

Oh! Just a note on the Pioneer 5090 - kinda heavy on the juice (~350W). There are some really nice Philips LCDs coming on stream you may want to consider (search AVF for '9604' - you will find a interesting thread there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom