I need new aerial to watch freeview?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by rupbert, Nov 5, 2003.

1. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Looking to get the new Sony FV box, and after checking my postcode on the freeview website, it stated that I would need a new aerial...

Can anyone explain how I go about this, and what if any hassle goes with it?

Ta

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The postcode checker is very conservative. It might be you will get some of the channels using your existing aerial and you might get them all with an indoor aerial if you live close enough to the transmitter. At least you do live in a coverage area:)

Look in the yellow pages or Thomson local for a CAI approved aerial installer, get a quote but do not pay for that, any decent installer should give free quotes for a domestic property.
    If you are happy with the price let him do the job, there should be no problems with an expert in the field, he will have the correct ladders etc and will do the job fast and neat with a decent warranty thrown in.
    I had mine replaced, took him just over an hour to fit the new aerial and take the feed to a couple of rooms, no worries:)

3. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Many thanks, may just do that :)