I need my computer to be given the once over?

RobertWhite

Standard Member
I've building it with some help today; and I'd like someone to run their eyes over it to make sure it's all compatible and will run smoothly. I will primarily run WoW on it but I would also like to run some high-end games, so it would be nice to know the extent to which it can do that. (I've never built a PC before!).

Scan.co.uk: AMD CPU Phenom II 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor - HDZ955FBGMBOX

Scan.co.uk: Asus M4A78LT-M AMD 760G AM3 Motherboard

Scan.co.uk: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB Hard Drive - HDD - HD502HJ

Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory XMS3 Classic 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz CAS 9 Dual Channel Desktop - TW3X4G1333C9A

Scan.co.uk: XFX HD 5830 Graphics Card - HD-583X-ZADA

Scan.co.uk: Coolermaster Elite Power 500W Power Supply - CM-RS500-PSAPJ3-IT

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/inwin-griffin-black-mid-tower-gaming-case-with-side-window-and-22-side-silent-fan-w-o-psu

Thanks guys! :thumbsup: I am building this PC on a budget by the way! So only other items that are similar priced or lower :smashin:

paulktreg

Ditch the Coolermaster Elite Power 500W it hasn't got the two 6 pin PCI-E connectors you're going to need and it's not the best.

If you're on a budget the Corsair CX500W would be a better choice and if you can stretch a little further the XFX PRO550W would be even better.

... otherwise your build looks OK.

LJx

The more powerful graphics cards use extra power connectors directly from the PSU, you will probably get an adaptor with the card to convert a molex, but it would be easier and less hassle for you if the PSU had the two 6pin PCIe connectors you need for that card

RobertWhite

Standard Member
The more powerful graphics cards use extra power connectors directly from the PSU, you will probably get an adaptor with the card to convert a molex, but it would be easier and less hassle for you if the PSU had the two 6pin PCIe connectors you need for that card
Is there any difference in performance if I just use the adapter?

LJx

Nah but thats presuming they actually include the adaptor :)
There are PSUs that are similar prices that do have 2 connectors on scan I think

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom