I need mobile phone recommendations!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Willeh, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Willeh

Willeh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,
    My mother is taking an exam next Tuesday and I was thinking it would be a good idea to buy her a present for both studying extremely hard and for passing. She needs a new mobile phone but the thing is, there are so many phones out that I can't seem to find the one that is perfectly priced and also perfectly fits her needs.
    Firstly, her wants in a phone:
    - Music player
    - Video player if possible
    - SD card slot for memory expansion to put her music / video files
    - Nice looking, slim, feminine phone.
    - Good camera at least 3.2 mp if more.

She isn't high-tech at all therefore there isn't much need for things such as a GPS, an internet browser and etc.

Now, I was thinking the following would suit her needs very well:
    - Nokia 5310 XpressMusic
    - Nokia 5610 XpressMusic
    Also I think the Sony Erricson walkman ranges also suit her needs but which one specifically?
    The budget is around £100-£150 (ebay comes into the equation here), and I'm looking for a pay as you go phone. No one needs to find links or anything, I just need mobile models and the relevant comment e.g. suits the needs well or whatever.

Thank you!

2. RobM

RobM
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,168
    The Nokia's you mention would be a great choice. As would the Sony Ericsson W910i, which seems to fit your requirements nicely and is quite a 'pretty' looking handset :)

3. Willeh

Willeh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. She had her eye on the limited gold edition of the W910i but was put off it when she saw that everyone carried a W910i, thus I should have added that she likes phones which are extremely good, but also unique whereby not many people have it.

4. RobM

RobM
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,168
    Sadly that's going to be nigh-on impossible with a budget of £150, as that's the free-on-contract pricerange. The only phones in this range that you wont see around a lot, are the bad ones! ;)

How about the Samsung F700? Only on Voda, but might be around SIM-Free on via eBay.

5. Willeh

Willeh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to find the 5610 new on ebay for £160 which is fine but a bit over the budget. I guess I'll go with the 5610 as it's the best phone for the price. I'm placing the order later today so if anyone else has any comments to add or say to change my mind then please post it!
    Thank you