I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JennyP, Jan 20, 2003.

1. JennyP

JennyP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I'm looking to buy a cam, but am getting confused with all the jargon and the amount of different options to choose from.
    Basicly I've been looking at a Sony DCR-PC120, but am not sure if this is good or bad. My aim is to use the camera for general events plus a couple of friends race cars and bikes so would like to be able to have records of that.

I also have another queston which may sound stupid to the more experience of you out there but I'm wondering how with the above camera do I get the stuff I've filmed during the day onto my pc. Would be grateful if someone could explain in simple (non jargon filled terms :blush: )

Many Thanks

Look forward to getting your replies.

Jenny

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,515
    Found a review of this cam on www.electrictown.co.uk
    Seems to be a good cam:)

Getting video onto your PC from this cam is fairly easy.
    The cam has an output called 'firewire'. This will copy video and sound onto your PC via a firewire capture card. If your PC already has this then it is very easy, but if not then you need to add one. They can be bought for around £50 including basic software to edit the video. Once installed you just plug the cable that would be supplied with the card into the cam and the PC, start the software and away you go. :)

Mark.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you are looking for just basic recording as you say, then this should be far more than good enough. You could probably spend a lot less and fulfill your needs...

Just a thought :)

4. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a v.good camcorder and you should be able to get it for about £1000 or less now by shopping around. Go for it!