• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I Need help with a TV for the XBOX360

C

Carey Mahoney

I posted this in the Hi-Def forum by accident sorry...

Could you guys help me getting a good LCD HDTV for my XBox360. I'm looking for a 32" one. I'm slightly weary about the reliabilty of Samsung Products so am thinking with my budget upto £800 for going for either:

http://www.digitalempireonline.co.uk...es&ModelID=855

or:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...924246-1014035

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...365&tabIndex=1

I know the resolution on the Sharp is 960 x 540 optimum PAL resolution, but they have some tools to solve this I believe with regards HD pictures.

Any help would be greatful and if these aren't good TV's can you reccomend me one for under £800 ?

stumpy77

Established Member
Hi if your limit could stretch to £900 you could nt go far wrong with the 32wlt58 Toshiba , I have this and took up the 25% discount at freemans to get this price. They have just announced a new 25% discount code

http://www.hotukdeals.com/Category79-All.phtml

A friend of mine has the hyundai 321 with his 360 and too rates it highly and at the moment its on offer at ebuyer under £800 a bargain for its spec

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=100823

Go on you know you want too :)

stumpy77

Established Member
I was one of the lucky ones to get the 25% discount however there were many as you can see on the freemans thread that were not sucessful , however on my link above the 25% discount code was only released a couple of days ago so I dont see a problem .

You could try and get an extra 5% by using the link from Quidco .

Quidco is a link site to various websites which inturn gives a discount for going through them . Easy really.

Im not sure though if freemans can refuse 2 different voucher codes off one particular product.

You wont be dissapointed though if you get the Tosh thru freemans. A little tip if you do . THey only allow credit for £200 on first orders , I had to reorder because of this but it was easliy sorted with the aid of my credit card.

C

Carey Mahoney

Cheers mate. I'm looking at that Hyundai Imagequest Q321 aswell. WOndering how it's like with the 360.

stumpy77

Established Member
just seen your post .My mate has a 2 year warranty with his from Scan. I have say the hi def looks great on his 321 as does on my Tosh I dont think you will go far wrong with any hi def LCD its all a question of what you want out of the Lcd . As for the Tosh it has 2 Hdmi outputs so future proofing itself and with the £300 off with discount this swung it for me over the Hyundai.

Also it may not matter any but the Tosh has a stand included where the Hyundai doesnt. This would have been an extra £100 for me .

C

Carey Mahoney

Thanks mate. The only prob seems to be that some folk are having probs with Freemans and the discount voucher codes. Do they ring up and confirm or go through the website?

There was a link from Kelkoo which has dissappeared for a Panasonic 32" from Currys that was £870...

stumpy77

Established Member
I dont know about the panny but alot of the freemans issues were with codes that freemans say were out of date. I think the new one on the link above doesnt start for a couple of days .

When I ordered mine I got confirmation from the freemans member of staff and documented all their names but didnt need it in the end.

jonwood10

Established Member
Carey Mahoney said:
Cheers mate. I'm looking at that Hyundai Imagequest Q321 aswell. WOndering how it's like with the 360.

me too! very close to buying one myself.

CoolCurly

Established Member
stumpy77 said:
Also it may not matter any but the Tosh has a stand included where the Hyundai doesnt. This would have been an extra £100 for me .

Dont know where you saw that, but the Hyundai Q321 and Q320 both come standard with the stand!!!!!

stumpy77

Established Member
CoolCurly said:
Dont know where you saw that, but the Hyundai Q321 and Q320 both come standard with the stand!!!!!

The stand is a table top stand if thats all you need then go for this one under £800 a bargain like I said earlier. The stand I was talking about was a floor stand to fit your av equipment underneath sorry if I was misleading.

R

riesgo

I have tried no less than 10 - 12 26'' lcds over the past 4 months for use with my Xbox 360 including Samsung R and M models, Sony Bravia, Toshiba, LG, Thomson Intuiva, etc... the Sharp LC26GA5E is the one I have finally adopted.

Not only does it produce beautiful sharp (pun not intended :) ) contrasted images over component 720P, but its response time allows for far cleaner moving images than any other panel I have seen. Even more importantly its scaling and general image processing is unobstrusive and FAST which means you won't suffer input lag when playing fast action games such as Geometry Wars or Dead or Alive 4.

I recommend that you try any model in Sharp's GA range :thumbsup:

ripkord

Established Member
You could always consider the ones used on the 360 booths, they are samsung and perform excellently, (microsoft probably thought it would be a good idea)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom