i need help - toshiba 330E verses Pioneer DV464S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by woodentom, Oct 22, 2003.

1. woodentom

woodentom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to buy a new dvd player urgently. My old pioneer is about 5 years old but it played everything.

I am looking at:-
    toshiba 330E
    Pioneer DV464S

i have been told that these are the best. I need it to play multi regional dvds, my dvd-r backups, CD's and Cd-r's. I have been told by several shops that both players are excellent but i am in a dilema about which one to get.

please help

cheers

Tom:clap:

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Toshiba better picture. Pioneer better dvd loader I would guess/hope. There is also an excellent Panasonic S35 I think. Its only £78 at Amazon and I consider it better than the other two as it has better build quality and picture quality in between the pioneer and toshiba. I.e. better than pioneer but not quite as good as toshiba. It also features high resolution dvd audio playback but only via the 2 channel analogue phonos. I.e. no multichannel playback. Check out this link;

http://www.whatvideotv.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=2991

By the way the pioneer next to it is the same as the 360 just differently styled so you can make a direct comparision.