1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help SO badly (Phillips 8807)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Patriarch, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi... I was messing with the service menu becuase my geometry was off... then at one point all my chanels were gone.. oh well, I could live with that, I would just have to install them again.. BUT... that wasent all... The TV can no longer to split text TV and screen, and when clicking the "view mode" botton I can only select 4:3 and squezed (use to be able to choose automatic, 16:9, 16:9 sub., Widescreen, Super Zoom ETC.) Also now I cant select rthe TV's Digital Natural Motion anymore... only Digital scan on and off is an option (as opposed to 100hz, DNM, DS, double lines)

I REALLY need help.. I have no clue what I have pressed.. so I hope one of you has an idea, so I no longer have a 500$ TV but rather a 1200$ TV...!! please help

2. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im REALLY really desperate... I turned off the TV, and then back on.. and now geometry is COMPLETY screwed... I cant seem to fix it... and it still has the problems i mentioned earlier... anyone know where I can find a service manuel for the Philips 8807?

3. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok... it seems like a new OS has been installed really... features I once had arent accesible from the menu... hmm... please help me!

4. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously, good luck with getting help.

I have problems with my Samsung but nobody knows anything about how to fix it :(

£700 down the pan.

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has Spectre removed your post Marty?

6. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so Nathan.

Maybe it was a little OTT but when you pay so much for a TV and can't fix the problem it makes you a little angry.

7. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please... any slight ideas would be appreciated

8. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only help I can offer is to contact Philips and either lie and say the set's gone all screwy- or admit you knackered and pay for a engineer to come round and fix it.

9. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah :-/

But someone with a little experience with Service Menus ought to have a qualified guess...

10. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is.. there's usually a second level sevice menu.. the main service menu has about 30 in (usually) but the second service menu might have upto 1000 settings..if that other service menu has been reset... well..

Can you take a snapshot? At least it'll give a idea of what needs doing.

11. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no sorry... no means for doing that :(

There must be some default setting for the TV... or some manual on the net somewhere

12. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Service manuals can be found here.. register, upload a text file with your request.. hopefully someone will upload one.

http://tibor56.hyperlinx.cz/

My service manual only had a few standard settings.. not for geometry because all sets are different.. just a few settings for RGB colour & tint.

Sorry but I think your TV is shagged.. wouldn't be too bad if it lost geometry only but loosing the aspect ratios, digital motion settings, split screen and also geometry is a bad sign.

It's possible you did actually reset the TV... loosing all the deep level service level settings.

Resetting again will not fix it.

13. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CRRRRRYYYYYYYYY

ok... from what Ive been able to read there is a "feature box" setting which now is set yo Prozonic. To my knowledge it can also be set to Falconic which has something to do with DNM... anyone has any clue what a 8807 is supposed to be set on?

14. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Needless to say im desperate for some help! Someone here has got to know about these things! Falconic, Prozonic etc!?

15. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you from the US? If so try..

www.avsforum.com

As that's mainly the americans.

16. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not from america... but ill give it a shot... unless they are racist ;)

17. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you French? :)

18. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heheh--- nope.. and not german either. Im danish.. Denmark supported the war, so I should be alright ;) :D

PLEASE HELP!

19. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I buggered up the geometry on my Phillips (PW6006, completely different model, so no idea with your probs). Called my retailer, claiming ignorance, just lied saying "it went funny... maybe something to do with a powercut I had". They came, took it away and repaired it. Give it a go :)

20. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're not lying.

Just bull****.

Do you sleep easy at night? You should have just bought a new TV. ;-)

21. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As it turns out, I worked out what I needed to do to correct the problem just after I got the new replacement. The old TV wasn't 'broken' as such, I just needed to modify one of the Geometry settings in Widescreen mode rather than 4:3 as I had been doing (without success!).

But I slept fine afterwards. Oh, I'm sooooooo eeevvill! :devil:

22. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well.. my TV is off to the repair now. I figured what was wrong aswell, but cant fix it. Apearently my widesetting was spread out too much for the TV to handle and when I tried fix it, it shut down... now the repair man has taken it no questions asked. So either my ensurence works or it wont... time will tell