1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I nEed hElP PlEAse

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by watersa@ntlworl, Jan 9, 2005.

1. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've built a HTPC based on much of what I've read here but I'm struggling to grasp how to get my DVI ouput from my ATI Radeon 9800 pro card to fill the screen of my Sagem Axium 50" :lease:

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What resolution have you set the desktop to? What resolution is the Axium?

3. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried setting ATI Catalyst up with VGA ouput to a 17" TFT & DVI output to the Axium.........closest I could get was a widescreen picture that I could scroll side to side but with a broad black band down either side on the Axium. I don't really know what I'm doing me thinks :suicide:

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You need to know the resolution of the Axium, then you probably need Powerstrip to allow you to set the desktop to that size .. the Axium's resolution is the key piece of information you need, always assuming that it will accept an input which is the same as its' native resolution, not all displays do.

5. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just dug out the axium manual & there seems to be some usefull info in there doh! :D
    I'll study it & LYK how I get on :rolleyes: Cheers :clown:

6. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It basically says it will accept resolutions from 640x480 up to 1280 x 1024 60hz but to ensure that the projection display is operating correctly with my computer make sure that I configure the display mode of my graphics card to a resolution lower than 1024 x 768..............................no mention of how to make it fill my screen? :rolleyes:

Says 60hz gives optimum stability

I just checked the Tech spec in the back & it says 1280x 720 resolution

Input signals :-
    Video Signal SDTV/EDTV 480i480p 576i/576p
    HDTV 1080i/720p
    PC signal Native upscale VA 640 x 480 SVGA 800 x 600 XGA 1024 x 768 SXGA 1280 x 1024

7. nohoper

nohoper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the specifications in your manual tell you the native resolution of the screen. For example, my Samsung PS-42V4S says 852(Horizontal) x 480 (Vertical). Maybe if you use Powerstrip and customise the setting to match the Native resolution that would work.

Just a suggestion

8. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's the 1280 x 720?

9. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    In that case you wnat ot get the latest ATI drivers because they have a built-in resolution of 1280x720 .. if that doesn't work then it's probable your display won't accept native resolution input, in which case there's probably nothing you can do.

If all else fails in the ATI Control Panel, go to the Displays tab and select the display's properties, if it had recognised it's an LCD then there will be an option "Resize to panel" (or something like that), if you set that then the drivers will try to re-size the desktop rather than scrolling it .. this is grapsing at straws without the ability to actually fiddle, many domestic displays aren't really suitable for PC usage due to their less than helpful 'PC' inputs. :(