I need help finding a good lamp

Reaction score
Hello people a few months back i brought a epson tw3500 off the classifieds and yesterday bulb went pop so i need to find a new one cant afford a original i have only got £150 to spend so im looking for a decent compatible bulb that is not going to be any dimmer and with the same life span as the original ive came across a few manufacturers that are in my price range diamond lamps and genius lamps the diamond lamps claim to last longer 4000 hours compared to 3000 hours and is as bright as the original has anyone had any experience with these bulbs?

Might be worth checking if there's any warranty left before purchasing a new bulb.
I bought the same pj off these forums, bulb went, I contacted Epson and the seller who emailed me a copy of the original invoice and they sent me a new one out for free.

As I understand it Diamond lamps use only original lamps (Philips) in their own housings & offer an additional months warranty over and above the original manufactures lamp.

I recently bought a TW3200 with a brand new bulb. I found this place and the orders are fulfilled by Amazon. I intend to get one post Xmas to keep when my bulb goes. Shipping is only £5.99 which makes me wonder if they aren't shipped from the UK if need be.

http://www.projectorlampsworld.co.u...or-lamp.html?gclid=CJKklvD5zboCFRMftAodygsAaQ

It's cheaper than £150 and they are the original. Just thought it could be useful.

As I understand it Diamond lamps use only original lamps (Philips) in their own housings & offer an additional months warranty over and above the original manufactures lamp.
yea i think im just going to get a diamond lamp found one for £147 delivered

Sorry morts I'm sure I read it was manufactured by epson. I'll double check when on a computer. I hate websites on iPhones. I intended to send them an email at some point prior to order obviously.

I would appreciate if you would keep this thread updated with your thoughts on the diamond model though please??

being that there's no details on that lamp of manufacturer ect could be a cheap Chinese one plus its from America long delivery but it could be a very good bulb just dunno if its worth the risk

According to their home page they're original from the manufacture. However their return warehouse is in Taiwan..... Could you provide a link where you found the diamond please?? I will be getting a replacement to store at some point soon, so it would be helpful if you could.

Regards

Thanks

I can't see the point in buying one to have as a spare? Surely by the time you use it the warranty will have run out! And those listed as Epson for £87 have to be fakes.

According to their home page they're original from the manufacture. However their return warehouse is in Taiwan..... Could you provide a link where you found the diamond please?? I will be getting a replacement to store at some point soon, so it would be helpful if you could.

Regards

Thanks
AV Parts Master Online Store - Diamond lamp for EPSON EH-TW3500 (Original Bulb in Compatible Housing) heres one i was looking at tomorrow im going to give them a phone and ask a few questions about it to make sure it is proper diamond ect. because i dont know how to find out diamonds resellers it dosent give any info on there website just give you a application to fill in

Thanks for that. I was looking earlier regarding Diamond and Genius and their sites are quite ambiguous to say the least. I was (I imagine like you ) hoping for a list of resellers to make it easier!! I'll be doing a bit of computer work tomorrow so if anything surfaces that maybe of help to us or the forum, I'll post!!

That's great Morts. Thanks for the update. Nice price too!!

Paulr2006, Thanks for the heads up. It did state on the website they were "lamps direct from the manufacturer" however an email response from them would suggest otherwise.

I'll apologise if I seemed a little dense regarding this, I am too far a trusting person. So thanks for your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom