1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help exporting my movie!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Cactus, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Cactus

Cactus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok I have a camcorder with AV IN/OUT which I think means I should be able to export my mpeg clips back onto the camcorder tape and then transfer it onto video BUT i have no idea how.
    I'm using movieshaker to edit the clips and the only other movie editing program i have is windows movie maker Im not to sure how to use it.
    Does anyone know how to help me or have any alternative solutions to getting my mpeg files onto a tape or dvd?
    Thanks in adavance for any help.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know the movieshaker program and I have never used the windows movie maker program but all good video editing packages such as Pinnacle or Ulead incorporate functions to record to tape or VCD or DVD. You do not mention what camera you have but I do not know of a video camera which records mpeg files, the various 'flavours' of mpeg are usually a means of creating discs. If you truly mean AV in/out then your camera will be looking for a composite or s-video signal. If it is a Ddigital camera with DV in/out then you need to send digital signals back down the firewire, sounds very much as though you need to buy a decent video editing package. What is the make and type of your camcorder?

3. Ornsack

Ornsack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well as far as I know, Windows Movie Maker is an awful program and you wont be able to export your footage anywhere but on to teh computer screen using WMM.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Ornsack, that used to be true, but there is now a second edition of M$ MM that can be downloaded free from their web site and it has a lot more useful features. For a freebie it is fairly good.

Cactus, AFAIK you can now use M$ MM to copy to tape, and if useing a DV camcorder then no converting should be needed as the video should be recorded on the camcorder and copied to the PC in the origional AVI format. A few of the cheeper editing programmes do however convert on the fly to MPEG, so have a look. All programmes should have a HELP file so you can find out how to use them.

Mark.

5. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i have used movie maker2 on XP to export the movie to an AVI on the Hardisk. problem is a 10min film is 1.6GB So i use a program called tmpg to convert from avi to mpeg to then burn onto vcd using nero. A bit long winded but look at doom9.net for guides on how to do thi stuff. also info on DVD RIping etc..

btw the 1.6GB avi turns into a 75mb mpeg to easily fit on a VCD and play in most DVD players worht thier salt