I Need Help Deciding On What To Do!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NOTORIOUS LEE, Oct 21, 2004.

1. NOTORIOUS LEE

NOTORIOUS LEE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am currently in a predicament that I hope you all can help me out with.

As I stated in a previous thread I can buy the ARCAM DV89 DVD player for £599 which is my kind of budget but I know it hasn't got HDMI or DVI connectivity.

The other players which I am currently looking at are the DV79 or Denon 3910 of which I know have this connectivity but they are an extra 3-4 hundred pounds which is really pushing my budget.

I like both music & movies which I believe the Arcam & Denon are both excellent performers which is why I am looking at them.

So this is my question: -

Is the DV79 & Denon 3910 really worth that extra 3-400 hundred pounds & is HDMI & DVI really the way to go & if so how much better will they both make the sound & picture quality?

Also, I do believe the DV89 retails at £1300 which is making me turn more towards that model.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Lee

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Your poll has 126 viewings, 8 votes split 50 / 50, and one reply so far.
    Apologies to crustyloafer if I am mistaken but I believe he sells Arcam products so his positive comments are to be expected perhaps.

Possibly it would help if you could tell us what display you are using at the moment and what your plans are for the immediate future and long term to answer your HDMI / DVI question.

Would it be possible to compare your Pioneer DVD-737 to your shortlisted players at a dealer or by home demonstration on the understanding you will be refunded if not satisfied ?

Seeing their performance for yourself is the best solution. :cool:

There are DVI / HDMI players coming shortly such as Denon DVD-1910, Philips DVP-900SA, Panasonic DVD-S97EBS and others, all giving you change from £300 probably.