I need help before I make a total egit of myself!!!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by minotaurJoe, Jan 7, 2012.

1. minotaurJoe

minotaurJoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys. I have about as much knowledge of TV's as Jordan does about decency and discretion. I am currently purchasing a TV off eBay (which is a Panasonic Viera 37 inch plasma TH-37PX60B for my parents) and due to their age and stubborness, they dont want it unless it can fit on their Lancashire pine TV cabinet. it comes ready mounted on a rather tacky looking stand, but it can be taken off. as the TV is 5 years old, finding the pedestal stand for it is very difficult. so my question is:

Do manufacturers make TV stands to fit a certain size TV across all model ranges, or will the stand have to be specific to that model??

thanks for taking the time to read this and :lease::lease:help me!!!!

2. minotaurJoe

minotaurJoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    * from the stands of old that I have seen, they have 2 screw holes so it would suggest that its a case of, 'one size fits all' ... the ranges for that size TV, but no doubt to drag their heels, they will have made it so that the cones that go inside the TV have a different angle or something just to ruin the fun!

3. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +863
    Pretty sure they will be model specific. The table-top pedestals may fit a couple of screen sizes within the range by relocating the pins, but not the floor stands... which were hundred of pounds 'extra' to purchase!!

This isn't really Freeview related and you ought to ask the moderators to move this thread to the correct sub forum in TVs | AVForums.com - UK Online ?

I'm pretty certain the post design was significantly different on the two Panasonic Plasmas I've owned. A Panasonic dealer or their customer services may be able to advise?

I'm fairly certain there are VESA-type wall-bracket mounting points on the rear of all Panasonic screens, but I can see a new mount costing you more than the TV!

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,864
    In fact there is a dedicated forum to stands and other associated items.

I will move the thread to there.