1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need furniture....

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by ajb, Feb 1, 2002.

1. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all

I am currently about to move house and 'er indoors has said that all my kit doesn't come with me unless all the spaghetti style wires can be hidden! I've seen something I like at

http://www.veda-uk.co.uk/arcasite/features.htm

in the shape of their 200 series but I dont fancy the £700+ asking price, even though this is undoubtedly top notch kit - nice IR receiver thingy...

The question is - does anyone know of anywhere else that would produce something similar for about 200-300 quid?

Here's hoping... otherwise expect a lot of classified ads from me very soon!

Andrew

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    To please the lady of the house why not try www.quadraspire.com
    They do some great looking tables and cabinets in different finishes. You also might like to try and find some cable management systems (mainly used in the computer industry) that will hide the cables running down the rear of the table.

I now have both my TV and AV stands from Quadraspire and they look amazing with my sexy silver Tag gear :D and my monster Sony KV32FD1 sitting on them :D

I'm sure I've seen other tables around that have cable ties on the rear to tie up all your cables. Have a search on the net (that's what it's for) to see what you can find. I do remember seeing a cabinet that had trunking down the back for all the cables, but I can't find it now.
    If I do come across it again I'll post the url here for you ;)

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Just to annoy you more ajb, the Quadraspire QKAV cabinet is £900. I have used both the Arca (Veda) and Quadraspire cabinets recently and they are both excellent for storage and cable hiding.

You could always try making your own. When you look at the cabinets they are quite simple.

4. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or you could try the alphason stands (£250), no doors on the front but you do get a cable tidy system built into the rear legs. all brushed in silver and 2 or 3 long tough glass shelves. Can house tv's up to 32"

5. Tricky

Tricky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ikea.

6. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Tricky, IKEA have a good range of stands and cabinets in a choice of styles and a wide range of prices