Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

I need DVD recorder with DVI/HDMI input

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gordymck, Mar 10, 2005.

1. gordymck

gordymck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys,

sorry if these questions are becoming boring, but due to the lack of information and fruitless search results, I have to ask... :eek:

Does anybody know of a DVD recorder currently on the market that offers DVI (NOT firewire)/HDMI inputs?

Any pointers would be brilliant - Cheers :clap:

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not aware of any products, possibly due to copyright issues ?,I dont believe HDMI forum have specifications for recording devices, technically, no reason why not, if you can send to projector, why not a recorder, there again, its probally back to consumer demand, could be related to why DVD recorders dont have DV out (I think some may though)

3. eddiethered

eddiethered

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Here is another conundrum. I have bought a Philips 9986 LCD TV and like everyone I am greatly impressed. The problem I have is that the screen goes blank - blue actually! - when a timer recording starts through my dvdr - a Panasonic DMR E85. I cannot get a picture from my telewest cable stb through the component to dvi or scart rgb connections of the dvdr when the recording is happening. The stb is connected by scart to the dvdr av2 input so that I can record cable onto the dvdr. There is no other connection to the lcd from the stb apart from RF connection looped through. The dvdr is connected by both the scart output to ext 1 and the dvi via the supplied component to dvi lead. Is this my problem? I have tried setting the dvdr to either rgb or component outputs but the same happens. Any ideas would be appreciated.

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Eddie,
    maybe E85 thinks you have already hit the cot, suggest post a main thread for other E85 users, maybe something in power saving menu?

5. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Some of the Pioneers have DV-Out, and there's no reason why this shouldn't be offered on all DV enabled recorders for the transferral of users' camcorder footage back to MiniDv on the camcorder.