I need an analogue multichannel Blu-Ray player. Please help!

DavMaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a technics hi-fi seperates system that has analogue 5.1 audio connection but nothing else(well apart from 2 channel stereo), and am looking to buy a blu-ray player so obviously need the multichannel connection to get the HD audio. I was looking to spend no more than £150 but haven't come across any blu-ray players yet that have this for that price or if they have they have been discontinued. Can anyone please help or recommend any blu-ray players?

The LG BD390 has analogue outputs. There's one in the classified's now for £140 I think.

LG BD390 or Sony S760. Both are buyable £100-150. Both are stunning BD devices for PQ/AQ.

Thanks guys for the recommendations they both sound excellent reading their reviews, but really I was looking for a player that I could pick up from a major high street store as I don't trust buying stuff like this from online retailers that I've never heard of. Unfortunately i've spent HOURS looking online at Currys, Argos, Comet etc and not one blu-ray player at those stores has multichannel analogue connection. I don't understand why the manufacturers don't make this connection the standard for audio in most of their players if they want people to get the full HD/cinema experience in their home as this is the whole point of blu-ray? Looks like i'm going to have to settle for 2 channel stereo or just stick with my boring DVD :(

Unfortunately i've spent HOURS looking online at Currys, Argos, Comet etc and not one blu-ray player at those stores has multichannel analogue connection. (

These are the last people I'd be buying a BD player off of! I'd suggest a S760/BD390 from the Classifieds here.

These are the last people I'd be buying a BD player off of! I'd suggest a S760/BD390 from the Classifieds here.

Currys, Dixons (anything DSG I would agree) But Ive always had good service from Comet

Hi,

I had the same problem and got a Sony BDP-S550 which looks and sounds fabulous. I'm looking to get a 3D player now, again with analogue outputs and when I find one will be selling this. It's immaculate and has seen very little use if you're interested?

Donkey99 said:
Hi,

I had the same problem and got a Sony BDP-S550 which looks and sounds fabulous. I'm looking to get a 3D player now, again with analogue outputs and when I find one will be selling this. It's immaculate and has seen very little use if you're interested?

Thanks for the offer but i'm currently trying to buy an LG BD390 from the classifieds.:thumbsup:

No problem, ahh just noticed you're local being in Derbyshire - I'm just off J25 of the M1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom