I need an affordable printer

marvi0

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an affordable printer. I only print on average maybe say 100 sheets a year, so my usage is very low. Can anyone recommend an affordable printer, with low ink costs please. Thanks.

Look into HP “Instant Ink” printers.
Cheap to buy and the best/most affordable method of cartridge replacements IMHO.

Look into HP “Instant Ink” printers.
Cheap to buy and the best/most affordable method of cartridge replacements IMHO.
Many thanks, yes been doing some research and it appears the hp ones are best.

Just a word of caution, don't be tempted to buy HP compatible ink, only buy originals, some HP printers have "dynamic security" where they will only allow genuine HP cartridges to work.

Just a word of caution, don't be tempted to buy HP compatible ink, only buy originals, some HP printers have "dynamic security" where they will only allow genuine HP cartridges to work.
That's a good point. Many thanks.

You won't need to “buy” cartridges if you get a model with the instant ink subscription.

If you can live without colour then a cheap laser would be best.

Agree with looking at a laser printer. Even a black toner looks expensive (for an original) but it will last you years, gives excellent text prints better than an inkjet IMO and of course the toner will never dry out and block the print heads as happens if you don't use the inkjet printer for a few months.
I previously used a mono Canon laser and got 3rd party toners for under £20, so they can be very cheap to run. I've now gone for a colour AIO laser and a full set of HP toners is about double the price I paid for the printer (with starter toner cartridges) :facepalm:

Mark.

The main problem with only printing a couple of sheets a week is the ink drying up. Lasers do not suffer this issue and you won't find yourself buying new cartridges jut because the old one has dried out and clogged.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom