• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question I need advise on purchasing "earbuds" that have a voice dialing feature.

xtimothyx

Novice Member
OK I admit the only brand of wireless headphones is Rocketfish. So I don't know much about other brands. I liked my Rocketfish Bluetooth Stereo Headphones. Which gave me decent sound quality when listening to music on my smartphone. But what I really liked about them was they had a feature that made "hands free calls" by voice dialing. I could push the button on the side of the headphones (these were over the ear headphones), and say "call Tim" or call and the say the number I wanted to be dialed. And the headphones would call that number. Honestly I thought that all wireless headphones,and that type, had that feature. So recently I bought a pair of "ENACFIRE E20" Earbuds which are good, but not as fantastic as the Amazon reviews say. I then discovered that all wireless headphones, etc do no have the hands free voice dialing feature. In fact quite a few earbuds if not all don't have this feature. I really like using earbuds otherwise though. So I was wondering if anyone know of a brand of decent earbuds that also has that feature?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The voice dialing is more likely to have been a feature of whatever phone you were using at the time with your headphones.

xtimothyx

Novice Member
Actually, While using the Rocketfish headphones, I was really hard on my smartphones, and I went through an average of about 8 per year. And most of them were different brands and models. The Rocketfish headphones worked the same with every one of them. But in general I think that is right. I've tried different 3rd party apps. But with my currant earbuds I can't access the microphone unless I have a call coming in or something. So I was hoping someone might know of a brand of headphones, or earbuds that has that feature built-in. Rocketfish apparently doesn't make headphones anymore. I don't know if they are still in business. A lot of headsets have that feature but I don't want a one piece. I want to listen to music as well.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need to look for Bluetooth earbuds with a mic and hand's free calling appropriate for whatever handset you’re using be it iOS, Android or whatever other platform you’re smarthone uses.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom