1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Advice Guys And Gals

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by darthbane2k, Aug 24, 2004.

1. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:

Basicaly I have made a variety of seperate DVD orders from DVDSoon / DVDPacific and Tesco around 2 weeks ago.
    NONE of these DVDs have shown up in my mail.
    DVDSoon and DVDPacific have ridicilious rules stating you have to wait around 40 days before claiming a lost item - they have my money so they no longer care.
    In fact I suspect that my postman/royal mail are stealing my DVDs. I tried complaining to the Royal Mail and asked them to look into it but they dont care, they affirmed that their staff are not "dodgy" and that I have to contact the companies I bought the DVDs from or register each and every item as lost mail (which means lots of paperwork)

I feel ripped off and I feel helpless - I need advice, CAN I call the police? is there another organisation who can act on my behalf?

My address is a new one / new complex, I moved to it in April and began ordering DVDs regularly right away , all were received in the correct amount of time. It has only been recently that NONE of the DVDs that were shipped to me 2 weeks ago have shown up, yet I continue to get items such as bills etc in my mail dated way later than the dvds that have already been shipped.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sounds a little worrying, but it's possible your DVDs have been caught in a bottleneck at customs. I have, on several occasions recently, been waiting for DVDs to arrive, and then several arrive at once, although they were shipped on different dates. DVD Pacific and DVD Soon are pretty good at replacing lost items, but you'll probably have to wait the statutory 45 days before they will reship, which is a fairly common part of the T&Cs of most US retailers.

3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible that someone at your complex is nicking them? Does the postie drop them off anywhere, or do they go directly to your door?

4. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the ONLY DVD among those ordered that could attract the interest of customs is the Scorsese boxset from DVDsoon - all the others are below the limit.

Also I forgot to mention that 2 DVD Rentals (one from Screen Select and one from Lovefilm) have also gone missing, although the rental companies were cool with the loss - but thats not the point is it.

I have my own letter box which can only be opened by me via key, the postie can usually fit dvd packages there, however if he cannot fit anything in there he usually rings. Although im at work, the missus is always at home during the days.

Like I said, the royal mail do not care, they refuse to take responsibility and are defending their posties. They really expect me to complete lost mail claim forms for each and every package!!

I have been TOTALLY RIPPED OFF HERE and have lost a hell of a lot of money.

5. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    have you checked the status of your orders with the sites in question? i can only speak for DVD Soon as that is the only company i have ordered from in your list.

i have just received my 2 disks after about 3 weeks, sometimes they can take a long time to deliver. 2 of the companies you have listed are in the states, have you looked into lead times. although not as high as 2 weeks, the shipping optiont that you chose may mean that it takes longer to get to you.

does EVERY DVD you order go missing? if after all this you still think that your postie is on the nick, i would call royal mail customer service and lodge an official complaint, i am certain they must have an independant ombusman (is that the right spelling)? that they can call upon.

for whoever you spoke to to say none of our postman are dodgy, is a bit of a sweeping statement, after all, how the hell does he know, im sure the bosses of the posties who have been caught nicking said exactly the same thing

6. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yep - I have checked the status - all the companies say items were dispatched well over 2 weeks ago. I called the royal mail again just now and they defend their staff and arent willing to do ****, although I got the customer services person to admit that the missing DVDs were beyond a coincidence. Their complaints proceedure is pointless and meaningless, theyd ont act on complaints. Im looking to get the police involved - do u think I have a case?

7. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    I have all my DVDs sent to my place of work. That usually puts them off stealing it. (I work for a very big company).
    My nextdoor neighbour was have his DVDs stolen and he lodged a complaint to the local sorting office. After that all his DVDs came through fine.
    Looks like the sorting office staff were told they were being watched as stuff was going missing.

8. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My recent orders from DVDPacific have taken around 2/3 weeks to arive, so they may still be on their way, DVDSoon orders usually seem to take about 5 days.

I've complained twice now to the post office about the postie leaving parcels outside by my front door, but it has happened again since.

9. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would go through the official channels with Royal Mail initially, failing that then take it to the Police.

Welcome back darthbane2k....... ;)

Cheers,

Mark.

10. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    If the worst happens, as long as you paid by credit card you can initiate chargebacks... they will investigate and the onus is on the retailers to prove dispatch. If they can and the items have been lost in the post they should be insured against loss by your credit card.

11. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yeh I hear what you are saying but all of my previous DVDpacific orders took no longer than 7 days, and dvdsoon 5 days...

Basicly theres way too many stuff from way too many companies going missing at around the same time.

Anyone know where I can the number for ILFORD SORTING OFFICE?

12. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have had 6 packages of DVDs sent by 'Pacific, 'Soon, Play and DVDZone2 go missing, all in the space of a coupla days early last week (going by their dispatch date and historic delivery times). Discs sent more recently are coming through again but those 6 appear to have fallen into a black hole! So last night I wrote a email to the Royal Mail via their ridiculous "claiming for compensation" web page. I'd email the companies and ask them to send replacements (as they have in the past) but I don't think that's fair on them, bloody thieving posties!*

*Allegation not proved. Innocent till proven guilty and all that...

Dan :(