I need a special cable


Active Member
I need a cable ( or a small, cheap piece of equiptment) that is RF COAXIAL PLUG at one end and 3 X PHONO (RCA) at the other.

I have a portable dvd player that has 3 X PHONO (RCA) out and a hand held portable TV, with RF COAXIAL PLUG in.

I want to connect the above two or can someone tell me where to get a cheap portable screen (quality is not an issue but it needs to be functional).

Duncan Craig

A good description of the piece of kit you need is an 'RF Modulator'
It will only work in mono, so don't worry if it only has a video in and a single audio in. Stereo audio through an RF signal is only available with Nicam, and I've never seen a standalone domestic Nicam RF Modulator.

By the way RF is crap, you should think about using a TV with composite in, on a Scart or phonos, or better still S-Video.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom