• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I Need A Slim / Flat Centre Speaker

ClarkKent77

I'm looking at a 5.1 system with satellite speakers. Unfortunately, my TV unit doesn't have a suitable place for the centre speaker. The only place it can go is on the unit, in front of the TV (where the soundbar is at the moment).

As a result, I'm looking for a slim / flat centre speaker. The TV is only 5.5 cms off the unit, so that is the maximum space (height-wise) I have for a speaker. Ideally, 'd like a centre speaker that works with the Monitor Audio Mass Gen 2 system.

I'm sure someone will suggest that I raise the TV or buy a new unit, but I'm happy with the TV position and I don't want a new unit.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Depending upon how far apart the left and right speakers are, you might be able to do without the centre speaker and set the AVR to phantom centre. What's your room layout?

rpr

The other option is build a raised platform for the TV ontop of your unit and install a centre speaker inside that.

password1

Distinguished Member
or mount the centre above the screen if you dont want to raise the screen assuming its current position is ideal.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom