• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I need a replacement lamp for my HD65 Optoma HD Projector

jasonmode7

Prominent Member
Hi does anyone know where i can buy one cheapest place in Uk ?
I have got a warning of my lamp expiry tonight at 1979 hours so far ... lol i thought it would have gone further than that ?? the meter looks as though its more like 5000 hours to be honest ... but im sure it will put out another load of hours working before the lamp is no use anymore

i have had this projector for a year now i think and i use it for everything including sky so i got alot of use out of it .... shame i kept falling asleep with it on all night so many times :( as it might of lasted longer

lmaolmao

Prominent Member
i would hold on until it actually goes.

by pre-buying a bulb you run the risk of having a duff bulb. they only come with a set amount of (short 6 month) warranty. if its sitting in the box for 4 months then you take it out and it blows 3 months later, you're out of luck.

Someone on these forums is on 5000 hours and still going!

mine blew after 500 :(

jasonmode7

Prominent Member
i would hold on until it actually goes.

by pre-buying a bulb you run the risk of having a duff bulb. they only come with a set amount of (short 6 month) warranty. if its sitting in the box for 4 months then you take it out and it blows 3 months later, you're out of luck.

Someone on these forums is on 5000 hours and still going!

mine blew after 500 :(
500 ?????? did u get another than ?

jasonmode7

Prominent Member
the projector is back at optoma having a service.
ill be screwed if that happens to me ... my projector is my only video source now so if the bulb lamp went it would mean me not being able to play games or watch movies for 3 days waiting for new bulb to be fitted ... thats the reason why i was here to think about buying a new bulb lamp now before it totally is not working and i have that painful time of waiting to use it while i wait for the delivery

frankboff

Established Member
check google shopoping channel

optoma theme hd65 lamp - Google Product Search

i'd recommend sticking with optoma and not a copy as some of them are fairly dodgy. most lamps are warrantied for 90 days from purchase... i've not had any dealing with making a claim under a lamp warranty but i wouldn't be surprised if it was a tricky business at best.

as far as running the lamp past the alliotted time limit. it is usually possible to just reset the lamp timer and keep running the projector. eventually the lamp will fail (it might shatter) but a careful bit of hoovering usually cures the broken glass problem in my experience.. the lamps do dim over time though.

hoppaz

Prominent Member
ill be screwed if that happens to me ... my projector is my only video source now so if the bulb lamp went it would mean me not being able to play games or watch movies for 3 days waiting for new bulb to be fitted ... thats the reason why i was here to think about buying a new bulb lamp now before it totally is not working and i have that painful time of waiting to use it while i wait for the delivery

Why not buy the replacement now and fit it so you have the benefit of the bulb warranty and if it ever does go you have an older backup bulb which works and which you can use for three days whilst you wait for another replacement in the future?

Why not buy the replacement now and fit it so you have the benefit of the bulb warranty and if it ever does go you have an older backup bulb which works and which you can use for three days whilst you wait for another replacement in the future?

That's what I did. :)

catman

Standard Member
:thumbsup: I have a Optoma HD65, I put my new lamp in yesterday. It is a Diamond with 4 months guarantee. I always get my lamps from AV Partsmaster (the cheapest), they arrive the next day at no extra cost. Mine cost £92.75.:smashin:

Comput1

Standard Member
Tsi Europe 116.53 including enclosure. Genuine optoma bulb. Thanks for your advice though, I had already bought this one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom