1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a great deal of basic help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Ed Selley, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,641
    Ladies and Gents,
    I have come into the posession of a Marantz learning remote (I believe an RC5000) and its attendant docking station. I have 1x special serial cable but nothing else (this also includes a great deal of ability with computers :( ).

I would like this beastie to control the equipment listed in the "downstairs" bit of my sig. The unit will most likely need to be wiped first (first question) and then reprogrammed in the fastest and easiest way with my equipment (I am aware of the notorious shortage of Cambridge remote codes online but will bully an engineer into supplying them. So;
    1) How do I wipe it to start afresh?
    2) Where is the best software and code set available from?
    3) How do I actually get codes on to the remote?
    4) How does one make the useful bits of control appear in a useful way so as to encourage Mrs Tons to use the beastie?

All information is gratefully received- I genuinely haven't got a clue with this thing!

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on the back there is a reset button . stick a pin or something in it.

then off to www.remotecentral.com to down load pronto edit. then seach out the files you need.

and upload them using the serial cable.

then bribe the misses to try to use the remote.

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Also, if its the same as the phillips pronto (not sure if this marantz is based on the same remote or if the one you have is a different design?) press and hold your finger on the symbol of the remote at the top of the screen which will bring up the setup screens for the remote, on the second page of this there is a reset button also.

As already suggested, go to remotecentral, download the software for your remote and get designing the perfect layout!

:)

4. doink

doink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best advice I can give is to download an entire system CCF from someone who has some of your kit and edit this to match your own.

This is definitely the way to go first time as jumps, aliases and macros will confuse the hell out of you first time.

After you've got it all working and you're more au fait with the software you can "have fun" building your own from scratch

HTH

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,641
    The quotation marks around have and fun are mildly alarming :eek:. I now have most of the software and I think that I have found a good match for my needs on remote central so I'll try and chivvy it along from there.

Cheers chaps.

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,424
    Its also very tempting to go for flashy graphics but best to start off with plain vanilla buttons and get everything working as it should then add graphics if you really think you need to ;)
    Would also suggest using macro's wherever possible to simplify things for family members. :thumbsup:

7. jacovn

jacovn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do download the Marantz Touchscreen setup software 2.04 (latest for RC5000)
    That can be found at remotecentral.com
    The Philips software migth not be compltetely the same as the marantz.. The CCF files are for the most part exchangable (RC5000 has no sound among things)

The manuals for the RC5000 are also for download at the above link on the remotecentral page.

Good luck.

Jaco