I need a free email provider that supports SMTP with an unencrypted login

PerfectBlue97

I urgently need to find a free email provider that supports SMTP, and which lets you log in using only a username and password, without modern encryption.

I've got a bunch of IOT devices that respond to changes in light levels, right now they send out updates using SMTP to a free gmail account, but Gmail is changing it's security next month to stop apps from connecting using only a username and a password. They're only going to allow you to log in using google account authentication. Which my IOT devices are too old to support. They're also not going to get any more updates to allow them to support it.

I need a free email account that lets me log in using really basic credentials, and which can connect using SMTP. Yahoo and Outlook are both out. I've already tried both.

Running my own server is "technically" possible, but a 24/7 SMTP server without modern encryption on it isn't something that I want on my own network. So I'm looking for an external solution.

PerfectBlue97

tricky1400

Novice Member
hi did you find an email provider as I am in the same situation, I was using Gmail but since they stopped it I can't receive my motion detection emails,

PerfectBlue97

hi did you find an email provider as I am in the same situation, I was using Gmail but since they stopped it I can't receive my motion detection emails,
No, I just got a lit of people giving me incorrect hacks to get past it. None of which help as my iot devices don't support oauth.

tricky1400

Novice Member
No, I just got a lit of people giving me incorrect hacks to get past it. None of which help as my iot devices don't support oauth.
not good , I have been on to Samsung support but they aren't interested , they say its up to me to find a suitable email provider that uses a smtp which my system supports !

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I think you might need to use a more configurable paid for service. We use Office 365, as we can configure the auth settings in tenant to allow legacy smtp authorisation. Our requirement is a little different, as it's some business software which sends status updates via email and doesn't yet support modern authentication, but i think you could accomplish the same.

RajP

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom