I need a DVD recorder!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Welsh Mountain, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Welsh Mountain

Welsh Mountain
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panasonic DMR EX83 has started not recognising brands of blank cd and also not registering that a part recorded DVD has any room left on it for recording. I have been looking though current product lists and cannot find any straight-forward DVD recorder/players. I can only get tv through satellite so I have Sky+ box and would then put programmes onto DVD for home use only. Now it seems technology is leaving me behind!! But I want to be able to watch my programmes again through my laptop and a player - our internet speed is pathetically slow. My DMR EX83 as it was had a freeview tuner and a hard disc that was of absolutely no use to me at all.

Does anyone know of a DVD recorder player [not Blu ray]?

2. Nic6

Nic6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    DVD recorder in 2016 come on, you need a Blu-ray recorder these days especially with the HD channels. ;)

3. k-spin

k-spin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Not a lot of point though unless he/she gets one of the old discontinued Panasonic Freesat models as the OP does not have a terrestrial aerial and you cannot transfer Sky recordings in HD to a Blu-ray recorder.

4. johninho

johninho
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you don't mind secondhand, try the charity shops on your local high street. I needed one before Christmas to replace a Samsung that was playing up. Got a Sony one, excellent condition with remote for £10.