I need a advice

RaysQuestion

Novice Member
Hi,
I am new in the forum. I wanted to have Network Receiver with bookshelf speakers. Then I bought Yamaha R-N402D receiver with Elac Debut 5.2 speakers. I listened Elac Debut 5.2's with Yamaha R-N602 receiver, I liked. I bought Elacs from one store and Yamaha R-N402D from another. The guy told me Yamaha R-N602 and 402 have same sound but 602 has same extra features. But when I listened at hoe I did not liked but I wait 100hr to break speakers. Nothing changed then I sold Elacs , bought Dali Oberon 3s. Sound is same not good, no bass, dull. Now I dont know what to do, sell all, or change Yamaha with Marantz or something else. I want more exciting / entertained sound. Current system sound is very good if you listen slow or smooth stuff. Garbage if you listen rock or pop. I need something listen for both of them.
I need help, Thanks
Ray

So I assume you have a sub? In which case there is no reason for your system to lack bass if it is set up correctly. AVRs are not as good with stereo music as a dedicated stereo amp, but you should get a reasonable sound out of it.
I have no experience with Yamaha AVRs -would advise you ask in the Yamaha forum advice on EQ set up, I believe Yamaha call it YPAO?

RaysQuestion

Novice Member
Thanks. I will check EQ set up. Then I have another question, I was thinking about it too. Selling all equipment and get dedicated 2ch amp + network + floor speakers. Like Marantz 7000 or 8000 series + Network layer +3 way speakers. What do you think?

Thanks. I will check EQ set up. Then I have another question, I was thinking about it too. Selling all equipment and get dedicated 2ch amp + network + floor speakers. Like Marantz 7000 or 8000 series + Network layer +3 way speakers. What do you think?

Well. depending on budget, obviously that would give you a better set up for music, but no surround sound for movies, so it depends what your priorities are. Try and get a demo of the equipment together, if possible in your home, but at least in the dealers. There is also a HiFi forum on here to guide you on all that.

I need only nice not too expensive 2 ch stereo to listen my musics and online radios.

The other option you have is a speaker switcher unit which would allow you to use a budget 2 channel amp. Or the more expensive route of a two channel amp with HT Bypass.

I need only nice not too expensive 2 ch stereo to listen my musics and online radios.

The other option you have is a speaker switcher unit which would allow you to use a budget 2 channel amp. Or the more expensive route of a two channel amp with HT Bypass.

Thanks, as you understand I am new on this and not a big budget.

So be careful before selling off any more equipment, it could prove expensive!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom