I need a 15 metre HDMI cable.....

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Could someone recommend me a good long cable please.
Will I need to boost the signal over a long distance?
I currently have my projector fed by component HD but would like to go to HDMI.
I need to run it out the back of my BD player, along skirting, up the wall, along the coving and to my projector.
It may even have to be 20 meters!!!
If this is not the best option please point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Chris

Up to 15m a decent quality/gauge of HDMI cable will be ideal - we use/supply BetterCables on lots of installs, though be warned HDMI cables at 15m are not very flexible so not easy to surface mount neatly; The Media Factory

For anything over 15m and or where you need to surface mount the interconnects I'd go with HDMI over dual CAT6 and install a set of active Balun at the send and receive end of the CAT6 cables; Media Factory - Octava HDMICAT-UK, HDMI over CAT5 extender

Joe

Thank you. These look great :)

Regards

Chris

Up to 15m a decent quality/gauge of HDMI cable will be ideal - we use/supply BetterCables on lots of installs, though be warned HDMI cables at 15m are not very flexible so not easy to surface mount neatly; The Media Factory

For anything over 15m and or where you need to surface mount the interconnects I'd go with HDMI over dual CAT6 and install a set of active Balun at the send and receive end of the CAT6 cables; Media Factory - Octava HDMICAT-UK, HDMI over CAT5 extender

Joe

Thank you Joe, I will look into this. I have had experence fitting CAT5 to take my sky from one room to the next...It was a bit fiddly but I never shy away from a bit of DIY :)

Regards

Chris

Hello (GTV)Chris

Use CAT5e or better still CAT6 if your planning on transporting 1080p.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom