I miss mobile phones with Xenon flashes

King Mustard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I had a Sony Ericsson K750 (2005) and bought the official Xenon flash accessory, the MXE-60, for £6 (new) in January 2016.

It worked really well from my testing in nightclubs.

Just as good as stand-alone point-and-shoot camera Xenon flashes of the era.

Whilst I understand the reasons phone manufacturers don't build them into the phones these days, I wish such accessories would return for modern smartphones.

LEDs simply can't compete when taking moving night photos (such as in a club etc.)

For general knowledge, here is a list of phones with a built-in Xenon flash (up to mid-2020):

• Gigabyte g-Cam
  • Sony Ericsson K790
  • Sony Ericsson K800
  • Nokia N82
  • Samsung G800
  • Sony Ericsson K810
  • Sony Ericsson K850
  • LG KC910 Renoir
  • Motorola ZN5
  • Nokia 6220 classic
  • Samsung G810
  • Sony Ericsson C905
  • LG KC910i Renoir
  • Motorola XT701
  • Samsung M8910 Pixon12
  • Samsung T929 Memoir
  • Samsung W880 AMOLED 12M
  • Sharp 940SH
  • Sony Ericsson C901
  • Sony Ericsson C901 GreenHeart
  • Sony Ericsson Satio (Idou)
  • HTC 7 Mozart
  • Motorola MILESTONE XT720
  • Motorola XT720 MOTOROI
  • Nokia N8
  • Spice S-1200
  • Nokia 8080 PureView
  • Nokia Lumia 928
  • Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
  • Samsung Galaxy K zoom

Can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation where I’ve wanted to take a decent quality picture in near darkness! I’ve never been into the night club scene either, so that’s probably why:rotfl:

Can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation where I’ve wanted to take a decent quality picture in near darkness! I’ve never been into the night club scene either, so that’s probably why:rotfl:
It's good in places such as low-lit restaurants, outside BBQs (when it's gone dark in the evening), pissing off your missus when she comes back from the bathroom in the dark in the middle of the night etc.

It's good in places such as low-lit restaurants, outside BBQs (when it's gone dark in the evening), pissing off your missus when she comes back from the bathroom in the dark in the middle of the night etc.

haha could come in handy for that then yes:laugh:

What modern smart phones have you tried though.

The latest crop with various AI features are actually pretty good at low light, I've taken pictures that just wouldn't be possible even with a Xenon flash using my Huawei Mate 20 pro.

This post is utterly ridiculous. Yes I had those phone a as well, and at the time they were ok but still nothing compared to a camera.

Today’s phone cameras are a million times better than any of those. The flash is much more intelligent and natural. The sensors have much less noise. The lenses are much better and let through more light. And then there is the power of the software.

alround there is literally nothing, except for size of the device to look back at with envy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom