i made this

Man it look awesom,are you a carpenter?well done :smashin::clap::clap:

Yeah im a joiner. Just thinking of a design for a bulkhead as such for the projector screen to be housed

because of where my pj screen is going to be situated it will be too big. At the moment the screen in 2.4m across and witht the throw on my pj limits me to 2.2m so my Q is what to do about it.

Can i paint a new black border on the screen or get a new lens??. Suggestions

Can i paint a new black border on the screen or get a new lens??. Suggestions

That will be cheaper, far cheaper, than a lens if you can actually get a lens - the lens is probably one of the most expensive parts on a PJ.

now its just a matter of what to paint it with. thanks inzaman, i see you are local to me

Oh yeah you are just up the road from me :)

You could use a felt material instead of paint?

Dean

if you want a proper black border on your screen and I mean black which has no light reflection whatsoever I would use velvet that I have used. You could stick it on with d/s tape and job done.

Depending on what length you need I might well have some offcuts or certainly a sample for you to try if you want.

LMK Al :smashin:

PS . I sent for loads off self adhesive samples which just didn`t work, Whaleys where this is from will send you all their black samples if you ring them but the Devoure is the one you want

Last edited:
never thought of using felt. Trouble is how much bulk it would add as the screen rolls back up into the housing. Might have to look at killing the casing that it is in and mounting it without as it will sit in a mdf housing anyway

day off today so i have spent the last 2 hrs sanding down and got about 2/3 sanded. Just finish my cuppa and sand the rest before the kids are home.

Try and give it another coat of paint when the kids have a nap. Fed up will painting little section between having to sort everything else so try and get a good run at it today so it can dry ready for yet another sanding and coat of eggshell tomorrow then it will need a couple of days to dry before a can sand again so looks like the weeked after for the final coat of paint. Then its just a matter of running all the cables but that wont take long if i plan everything first. I prepare to eat my words

112.jpg

all undercoated now, Finished about 5 min ago

just applied another coat of paint. 5hrs this time with the sanding and i had the missus helping me aswell. This time it was a coat of eggshell. Just 1 more coat to go then i can think about getting the equipment in it

my father in law got a free lcd bracket today for tvs upto 42" and gave it to me so now i can mount the tv in the hole without the stand which will look better. Just hope the bracket is the right type for what i need if not i will ust adapt it

I Love this, and its looking great.

I remember seeing a something simillar on grand designs, it wasnt an AV unit though, it was just shelving, I looked for ages trying to find one the same but never came across one, I certainely wouldnt have the ability to make one!

put the top coat of paint on today.

All i have to do now is;

Cut filler for down left hand side and paint
Remove projector screen and pt up in front of the unit
build pelmet for screen and possbly to contiue all the way around the room to give the center of ceiling a recessed look and to add to sound proofing
plaster and paint above
run all cables for tv etc
paint rest of room
fit gas fire(not even decided what to have et as every thing i want is expensive)
transfer all dvd collection onto popcornhour then store in loft.

then i have to think about the back of the wall but i think i have enough for now

think i am going to change the bracket for the cantilever type to get to cables and pull tv out to the front of the unit to stop glare arount the side of the unit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom