1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I`m getting a Panny LCD50...change my mind!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by craynerd, Aug 22, 2005.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK, the girlfrinds mind is set and my mind is nearly there...we like panasonic, we like the TV and it looks good!
    My head is going crazy, we have seen so many tvs, posted so many messages and i`m still no nearer to finding a tv of such quality at the same £1k mark,

PLEASE, can you just maybe name a few tvs, you would actual pick above the panny lxd50 at the same price range 800-1200 ??

a good start is the fact the lxd50 isnt even HD !

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Sharp P50E for one. Can I ask, if you like the Panasonic why are you 'scared' to buy it. You've looked at TVs and read up on specs then decided you like the Panasonic... just buy it. :confused:

3. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cuz it aint got HD and or any sort of quality compensator like sonys wega! I`m just worried i can get a better quality tv for my money, yet everytime i look at something different i see floors in that!

for example i have looked at the P50 but its not true HD, would the quality of the sharp be better than the panny, and thats in both picture quality and build quality? I will be watching a lot of freeview digital tv, so quality at this level is the highest priority!

Chris

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    If you are thinking of getting Sky HD at a later date, or a bluray/HD DVD player, then you should get a HDMI equipped screen now. Otherwise you may find yourself upgrading earlier than expected.

If you aren't bothered about that, and just want to watch TV/DVDs, and you like how the screen looks - just buy it.

This place can be very dry at times - all specs and technical info. But your eyes are the final decider.

5. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Well, the Sharp P50 isn't HD either - it can take a HD signal, but with only 540 pixels vertically, it isn't going to do a 720 signal any favours.
    Why not take a breather and give it until the end of September before jumping on the band wagon - by then the Sony V series will/should be here, as will Sharp's GA6.
    Equally, the Panny DX500 with the necessary HDMI connection may have dropped a bit in price, but not to the magical £1K mark. You're probably going to need to raise the budget another £2-300 before you get the TVs mentioned above.

6. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Neither is the model you quoted, and you are not going to get a Sony wega or any brand name, high quality HD equipped 32" LCD tv for £1000 more like £1300-£1600. I'm very sceptical about HD material being available in any quantity within the next three years, sure Sky will have transmitions next year for the footy but you will pay extra. The number of post on these forums for the 'perfect' LCD are amazing... there ain't one.